Friday, April 10, 2009

A Pebble Laid..


They say writing is therapeutic. Days and months have passed and I have procrastinated or rather just do not like putting my thoughts to words for some reasons.To me, thoughts and emotions are like waves, they come and go. At least I've learned to let go sad ones and cherish good ones instead.

And you may ask ...but why start today?
I was just relating this to a close friend today about everything that leads me to this blog I am writing now. Two nights ago, I had a dream - a walk up to some cottages (like those white clay ones you see on terraces facing the Mediterranean sea). Small with simple postal beds and a washer area overlooking the ocean. It's white and breezy. I walked to the beach. Felt the waves against my feet. Looked down and noticed glitters below and lots of pebbles. Everytime the waves flow in the pebbles change colors. Soon, there were blue, red, white, silver, multicolored, and of all different sizes. A few steps ahead were slates of green like those of jades shimmering just below the water and my feet. I had wanted to pick all of the pebbles, of every color and every shape. Unfortunately I can only manage a handful.


I am not going to analyse this dream but I'd like to think that life is such - we often have experiences of many kind. Good and bad. At times, we judge or being judged for the outcome. But everyone of us walks through different path. And along each path, we get to pick up bits and pieces of what we would like to call "happiness " or "accomplishments" so we can treasure them. But it is still ok even if they didnt turn out as expected because we still have that moment to remember.
Hence, today a pebble laid and I know there will be more pebbles for me to pick and share. A different color, a different shape.

2 comments:

  1. how true it is your words...that's a good journey to start ( pebble picking and pondering that is :))...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, your first blog. Congrats. Hope you'll share many thoughts in future. It's hard to put feelings in writing, and then sharing it with others, may it be friends or strangers. So, thanks for sharing your blog with me.

    Lena xxx

    ReplyDelete